Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tc
Immoderator
tc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? Empty
PostSubject: Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?   Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:19 pm

European VS US. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
http://newleaven.com
Martin
Novice
Martin

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?   Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? EmptyThu May 15, 2008 9:38 pm

tc wrote:
European VS US. What do you think?

It depends upon the level of acceptance each school has in the U.S. market. There is also the issue of academic preparation. In my opinion, many people in the U.S. are simply not prepared to do a research only degree. Many Americans need "classic" oncampus or online courses which walk a person through step-by-step. Throwing them into a research only degree program is a good way to guarantee their failure. However for those who are ready for such a demanding task, it should be a rewarding experience. As long as the school and program are widely accepted in the U.S..
Back to top Go down
http://martin008.blogspot.com/
Nathan
Xenophile
Nathan

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?   Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't think the US education system is working very well, as a whole. The upper echelons will always be high achievers, but I think the middle and low students are being let down. My experience with academia has been that attendance and ability to acquire a loan are the primary means to earning a degree. Learning is a secondary or even tertiary requirement in the process. Still, I'm happy overall with my education, though I'd have gone a different route in hind-sight. Cool
Back to top Go down
rogermugs
theologer
rogermugs

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?   Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? EmptyThu May 15, 2008 10:38 pm

I agree a bit with nathan here about the costs being an issue. I am paid by my ministry to attend seminary, or rather, they allow me to do it tax-free.

but there are tons of people there I just cant comprehend how they get through, either their wives support them for years, or they come out up to their ears in debt. it would be nice if more respectable schools also had undergrad programs so the masters students could get tuition free in exchange for being a teachers assistant or something...

i also feel like its hard to get into grad school, but not to get into seminary (especially if you can show them the money). you dont even have to take the GRE.

I've heard things that are quite different about this in Europe and I have strongly considered doing my PhD there (though i am years out), and i really dont know if what i hear about it is true (eg. free tuition with TA programs etc).
Back to top Go down
http://www.theologer.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?   Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are The European Programs Better Than Those in The US?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General :: Colleges/Seminaries-
Jump to: