Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Your Dream Schools

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Martin
Novice
Martin

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Your Dream Schools Empty
PostSubject: Your Dream Schools   Your Dream Schools EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:17 am

What schools would you attend if, knowing what you know now, you could go back in time and start over at 18?

For me:

BACS/History: The College At Southeastern Seminary
MA/Church History: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD/History: George Mason University

I still might try to get into GMU's PhD program when I finish my MA/History in December. However I am more likely to stay where I am at and get a PhD in American History online through American Public University. It is not as impressive of a school as GMU, but I could remain in my teaching position. That is good for me because where I am now is where I would like to stay. Therefore I really don't "need" a PhD so I can be a bit more open about my options.
Back to top Go down
http://martin008.blogspot.com/
tc
Immoderator
tc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Your Dream Schools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Schools   Your Dream Schools EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:36 am

BA in Ancient Languages: Wheaton College
MDIV: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD in NT: Aberdeen University.
Back to top Go down
http://newleaven.com
Martin
Novice
Martin

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Your Dream Schools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Schools   Your Dream Schools EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:49 pm

tc wrote:
BA in Ancient Languages: Wheaton College
MDIV: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD in NT: Aberdeen University.

The ancient languages program would be very interesting. I have always had an interest in things like ancient Hebrew, Greek, and even hieroglyphs of ancient Egypt. In fact I would love to have had a chance to get earn Wheaton's Biblical Archaeology undergraduate degree, their MA in Biblical Archaeology, and then get a PhD in Egyptology or ancient history. That way I could have spent my years digging in Egypt and throughout the Middle East and learning about the history of those cultures. As it is, two semesters of Greek taught me that I am horrible at languages. Come to think of it I was not that good at english. And my southern accent would no doubt amuse you California folks. So I guess that just goes to show that God knew what He was doing when He sent me into early American History and Church History. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://martin008.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

Your Dream Schools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Dream Schools   Your Dream Schools Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Dream Schools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General :: General :: Colleges/Seminaries-
Jump to: