Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

What Are You Reading for the Summer?

Go down 
+2
ScriptureZealot
tc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
tc
Immoderator
tc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

What Are You Reading for the Summer? Empty
PostSubject: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:39 am

Right now I'm working on several books:

1. Surprised by Hope by NT Wright

2. The End of Reason by Ravi Zacharias

3. An Introduction to the Church Fathers

4. Preaching and Teaching from the Old Testament by Walter C. Kaiser, Jr.

I'm enjoying all of them, but taking too long on some.
Back to top Go down
http://newleaven.com
ScriptureZealot
Novice

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:23 pm

1 & 2 Thess by Beale
The Symphony of Scripture by Strom
1 & 2 Timothy, Titus by Fee
Running Scared by Welch (about worry)

Jeff
Back to top Go down
http://www.scripturezealot.com
chuckgrantham
Novice
chuckgrantham

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-05-11

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Besides consulting my three Acts commentaries, right now I'm about half-way into David S. Dockery's _Southern Baptist Consensus and Renewal_.
Back to top Go down
rogermugs
theologer
rogermugs

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 3:48 am

my seminary stuff consumes my reading time...
that said, I just finished
the heart of the servant leader (letters from jack miller) which was excellent...

amazon link

and i'm hoping to get to the reason for God by keller... but we'll see
Back to top Go down
http://www.theologer.com
Nathan
Xenophile
Nathan

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 9:01 am

I recently read Who Stole My Church because all of our pastors and elders have been reading it. It was interesting and seems to be helping our church, but I wouldn't say that it is a stellar read unless your church is having generational issues.
Back to top Go down
rogermugs
theologer
rogermugs

Number of posts : 357

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptyThu Jul 24, 2008 10:17 am

Nathan wrote:
but I wouldn't say that it is a stellar read unless your church is having generational issues.

if there was a church that isn't then there wouldn't be the emergent movement...
i read post-modern times by veith... and i think it was in there that it talked about the generational gaps getting smaller and smaller
that is,
it used to be that there was generational gap between color tv and black and white tv folks, but now there is a generational gap between people who email and those who text message and those who use facebook...
it used to be 20 years between gaps, now its more like 5 years and we completely lack mutual understanding...
just thought it interesting
Back to top Go down
http://www.theologer.com
Nathan
Xenophile
Nathan

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:13 pm

rogermugs wrote:
it used to be 20 years between gaps, now its more like 5 years and we completely lack mutual understanding...
Yeah I've noticed this. It really does feel like technology and society are shrinking the generational differences down to less than a decade now and I find this very odd. I still have more in common with my 17 year old brother in law than I do with his grandparents, but not as much as I would have thought.
Back to top Go down
rjsher
Postulant

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 am

1. Exodus by Brevard S. Childs

2. From Genesis to Chronicles by Gerhard Von Rad

3. Old Testament Theology by Gerhard Von Rad

4. Spirit and the Word by Sigmund Mowinckel
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Are You Reading for the Summer?   What Are You Reading for the Summer? Empty

Back to top Go down

What Are You Reading for the Summer?
Page 1 of 1