Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  Link HereLink Here  RegisterRegister  Log in  SubscribeSubscribe  

Reading NT Wright

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tc
Immoderator
tc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Reading NT Wright Empty
PostSubject: Reading NT Wright   Reading NT Wright EmptyWed May 28, 2008 2:02 pm

I've read NT Wright's "Rediscovering Jesus," "New Perspectives in Paul," "Simply Christian," "Last Word," and now I'm reading "Surprised by Hope."

I really enjoy reading the good Bishop, but it's always with a discerning spirit. Wright's use of the OT and second temple Judaism makes him an interesting read.
Back to top Go down
http://newleaven.com
Martin
Novice
Martin

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Reading NT Wright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading NT Wright   Reading NT Wright EmptySat May 31, 2008 11:24 am

tc wrote:
I've read NT Wright's "Rediscovering Jesus," "New Perspectives in Paul," "Simply Christian," "Last Word," and now I'm reading "Surprised by Hope."

I really enjoy reading the good Bishop, but it's always with a discerning spirit. Wright's use of the OT and second temple Judaism makes him an interesting read.

I have read several of his "history" books on the "historical Jesus". I have also read, and enjoyed, "Last Word". Great book indeed. His works are very helpful. However, like you, I always read and listen to him with a "discerning spirit". Another great author, in the same vain as Wright historically, is Paul Barnett. I am not sure that you would be interested, but if you are Barnett has written a wonderful book "Jesus & The Rise of Early Christianity". This church history work is a wonderful resource.
Back to top Go down
http://martin008.blogspot.com/
tc
Immoderator
tc

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Reading NT Wright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading NT Wright   Reading NT Wright EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 12:38 am

Martin wrote:
tc wrote:

I have read several of his "history" books on the "historical Jesus". I have also read, and enjoyed, "Last Word". Great book indeed. His works are very helpful. However, like you, I always read and listen to him with a "discerning spirit". Another great author, in the same vain as Wright historically, is Paul Barnett. I am not sure that you would be interested, but if you are Barnett has written a wonderful book "Jesus & The Rise of Early Christianity". This church history work is a wonderful resource.

I have Paul Barnett's commentary on 2 Corinthians in the NICNT. Carson ranks among the top three. But I have read him outside of that.
Back to top Go down
http://newleaven.com
rjsher
Postulant

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Reading NT Wright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading NT Wright   Reading NT Wright EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 6:19 am

tc wrote:

It is a great book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reading NT Wright Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading NT Wright   Reading NT Wright Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading NT Wright
Page 1 of 1